Vanilla Bread Delight
- In a deep dish pan, add vegetable oil for frying (can use a deep fryer if you have one).
- In a cooking pot add 2 cups of sugar and add 3 cups of water and let sugar melt and bring it to boil. After the boil let it cook for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove edges of bread and cut each bread to make it 2 rectangles.
- Deep fry these bread slices until golden brown (one by one).
- Dip bread in sugar syrup and coat syrup on both side and remove immediately. Place bread in a serving bowl and dollop whipped cream and a cherry on top. Garnish with chopped almonds and serve.
- You can also dip bread in sugar syrup for slightly longer (about 1 minute) until it soaks in sugar syrup. Then, place bread slices in a glass bowl and smash bread completely to form a smooth paste. You can use a metal spoon to smash it. You can also use a blender or a food processor.
- Serve warm bread mixture with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and garnish one cherry and chopped almonds on top. The key is to serve bread warm. Warm bread and cold ice cream is a great combination!
This bread mixture can be frozen for later use too.