Vanilla Cinnamon Iced Coffee
- Vanilla Cinnamon Iced Coffee
- 1 1/2 cups ground strong coffee
- 8 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla cinnamon syrup, to taste
- Half-and-half, to taste
- Vanilla Cinnamon Syrup
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced open vertically
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Vanilla Cinnamon Iced Coffee:
- Add coffee grounds and water to a large pitcher. Stir. Cover and let sit at room temperature overnight for up to 12 hours.
- Strain mixture through a coffee filter or cheesecloth. Discard leftover coffee grounds. Store coffee in fridge until ready to use.
- Fill a large glass with ice cubes. Add coffee, vanilla syrup, and half and half. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust half-and-half and/or vanilla cinnamon syrup as needed.
Vanilla Cinnamon Syrup:
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add sugar, water and vanilla bean. Bring to a roiling boil and remove from heat. Let cool, then stir in vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Pour syrup through a fine mesh sieve to remove any vanilla bean pieces. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.