Vanilla Meltaway Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk (or water)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing until combined. Add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, mixing until completely combined.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into small circles and then press with hands (or with the bottom of a cup) into a disk shape. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cookies will not look browned or cooked, but they are! Remove from oven and let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract – until smooth.
- Using a spoon, smooth icing onto top of each cookie and let set for 10 minutes, or until hardened. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.