Vintage Apple Crunch
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place apples in shallow, greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg and granulated sugar. Pour water over sprinkled apples.
- Combine brown sugar and flour together in separate bowl. Finely cut in butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Spread mixture over apples.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F and bake another 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and cut into squares for serving.