Waffle Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time, scraping bowl as needed. Add in vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to stand mixer in 3 additions, mixing only until just combined. Cover and chill dough for at least one hour. After one hour, roll dough into balls about 1 1/2 - 2 inches in diameter.
- Preheat waffle iron. Spray with non-stick spray. Add 3-4 dough balls to iron and allow to cook until soft and golden, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from waffle iron and dust with powdered sugar or cocoa, as desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.