Walnut Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup ground oats
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour *
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine peanut butter, honey, canola oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined. In a separate bowl mix together rolled oats, ground oats, flax seed, brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, baking powder and salt. Fold into peanut butter mixture. Add chocolate chips and nuts; mix until combined.
- Spread into prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting to serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.