Walnut Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment mix butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar for 2 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg, water, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Mix for 1 minute until combined, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined. Stir in walnuts until evenly mixed.
- Working in batches, scoop out 1/4-cup dough (2.5 ounces if using a scale) and roll into balls. Place 4 balls evenly spaced out onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Open oven and using oven mitts pick up baking sheet 3-4 inches and drop it back down onto oven rack. Close oven and bake for 2 more minutes and then drop pan again. Repeat this 1-2 more times until edges are golden brown. Centers should appear slightly underdone.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and repeat with remaining dough.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.
- Shelly recommends not using parchment paper with this recipe, as the edges get crispier.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments