- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves (if using ground, use only 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon fine chopped fresh ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and once boiling reduce to a very low simmer. The objective is to aromatize the liquid without drastically reducing/evaporating it. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
- Serve in mugs or glasses.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Looking for wassail with a kick? Try our Spiked Wassail recipe!