- In a small sauce pan, bring 1/2 cup water and 1 cup sugar to a simmer, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat. Set aside and let cool.
- Place watermelon in a blender or food processor, puree until smooth.
- Combine remaining water, sugar mixture, pureed watermelon and lemon juice together.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring before serving. Serve over ice with a watermelon slice for garnish.
- Add a splash of vodka or gin for an alcoholic version of this recipe.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.