- Place watermelon into a blender and puree. Add lemon juice and transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- Into a heavy bottom pan add sugar and water and bring to a boil. Whisk until sugar is incorporated. Continue cooking until mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon. Allow to come to room temperature and then transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- After chilled, mix simple syrup (approximately 3/4 cup) with pureed watermelon. Pour mixture through a sieve and into your ice cream maker. Churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- If not serving immediately, transfer to freezer appropriate container until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
NOTE: All ingredients should be chilled before placing into ice cream maker.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.