Watermelon Sweet Tea
- Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 12-13 cups fresh cut seedless watermelon chunks (about 1 personal size melon)
- 7 individual tea bags
For the Simple Syrup
- Combine sugar and water in a small sauce pan. Stir over medium heat until sugar has completely dissolved, roughly 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Tea
- Place chunks of watermelon in a food processor or blender and puree. Using a strainer over a large bowl, strain the watermelon puree to capture the juice. You should end up with about 6 cups of juice.
- Place tea bags in a large pitcher and pour the boiling water over. Allow to steep for 10 minutes. Add the watermelon juice and stir to combine. Slowly add the simple syrup, tasting as you go. Sweeten to your desired taste.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.