Watermelon Sweet Tea
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 12-13 cups fresh cut seedless watermelon chunks (about 1 personal size melon)
- 7 individual tea bags
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar has completely dissolved, roughly 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place chunks of watermelon in a food processor or blender and puree. Using a strainer over a large bowl, strain watermelon puree to capture juice. You should end up with about 6 cups of juice.
- Place tea bags in a large pitcher and pour boiling water over them. Allow to steep for 10 minutes. Add watermelon juice and stir to combine. Slowly add simple syrup, tasting as you go. Sweeten to your desired taste.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments
Jun 26, 2019