White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies
- 2 sticks or 1 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2/3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cranberries (cherry flavored or dried cherries)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter until smooth, add powdered sugar and mix until well combined. Add vanilla and salt, mix until well combined but not light and fluffy.
- Add flour in one step to creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Add white chocolate chips and dried fruit; mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Roll dough onto plastic food wrap into 2 cylinders about 1 1/2-inch in diameter. If too soft place dough briefly in freezer. Place on plastic food film-lined cutting boards or cookie sheets.
- Place cylinders in freezer until very firm, about 1 hour.
- Cut in even pieces about 1/4-inch thick and place on parchment lined or lightly buttered cookie sheets.
- Allow dough to defrost before placing in oven.
- Bake until edges are golden, about 14 minutes.
- Shortbread cookies are best consumed at room temperature.
NOTE: Cherry flavored cranberries will give you the brightest red color hue as dried cherries will be more of a merlot color.