White Chocolate Chip Pistachio Cookies with Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
White Chocolate Chip Pistachio Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cup pistachios or macadamia nuts, salted or unsalted
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, soft
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar, well packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 bars (4.4 oz each) white chocolate (such as Lindt) or 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
Lime Cream Cheese Frosting and Décor
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Zest of 1 lime, no white bitter pith
- 1/4 cup nuts for décor
- Zest of 1 lime
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. If using salted nuts, run briefly under water to remove salt. Scatter on a towel to dry and set aside.
- Cream butter until smooth, add both sugars and cream further. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and salt and mix until light and creamy.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Add flour in one step to creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Add chocolate cut in chip size pieces or chips and nuts. Mix briefly and just until combined.
- Scoop dough using a 2 tablespoon-sized ice cream scoop or in about 2 heaping tablespoon size amounts.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake until light golden brown, about 11-13 minutes. For soft and chewy cookies bake them until center is still soft. For a firmer cookie bake slightly longer.
- Once cookies have cooled combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lime zest.
- Using a spoon drop a small dollop of cream cheese on each cookie. Alternatively, using a piping bag fitted with a large plain pastry tip, pipe a dollop of frosting in center of cookies.
- Decorate with nuts and sprinkle with additional lime zest.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Select flour with 3 grams/protein on nutrition facts label.
Real white chocolate chips (made with real cocoa butter and not questionable fat) are extremely difficult to locate. You can also use a bar of real white chocolate cut in pieces. Milk chocolate is also a great combination with lime, but we do not recommend dark chocolate.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments