White Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheese Cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the butter, cream cheese and sugar together and mix with paddle attachment on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in egg and yolk, vanilla, salt and baking soda and continue mixing until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just incorporated.
- Finally add in coconut and white chocolate.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a medium (2 tablespoon sized) cookie scoop, place dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden and the centers are set.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.