White Chocolate Dipped Chewy Gingersnaps
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Gold ‘N Natural Turbinado Sugar, for rolling
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Beat butter and sugar together with mixer in large bowl until light and creamy. Add molasses and egg; mix until well-combined.
- In medium bowl mix together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and continue mixing until combined. Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill at least 3 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 3 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Place turbinado sugar in shallow bowl. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Roll dough balls in turbinado sugar. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely on baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions.
- Dip cooled cookies half way into melted chocolate. Transfer to baking sheets and allow chocolate to set.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.