Witch Hat Puppy Chow Snack
- Witch Hats
- 35 Bugles, pick out bugles that have roundish openings on the bottom
- 24 oz black candy melts
- 1/2 cup orange candy melts
- Puppy Chow
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/3 cup Count Chocula cereal
- 1 1/3 cup Franken Berry cereal
- 1 1/3 cup Boo-Berry cereal
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Indian candy corn
- 1 cup candy pumpkins
- Prepare Witch Hats - Set aside 35 candy melt disks. Melt remaining black candy melts according to package directions.
- Lay 35 candy disks on a flat surface lined with foil or parchment paper. Dip large end of Bugle into melted black chocolate. Place onto one black candy disk. Repeat with all 35 Bugles. Let Bugles sit for 5 minutes.
- Remelt the black chocolate (if necessary). Dip entire Bugle and disk into melted black chocolate and tap off excess.
- Let witch hats sit 10 minutes to harden.
- Melt orange candy melts according to package directions. Spoon into a piping bag or plastic sandwich bag with the corner snipped. Pipe a ring of orange around the “rim” of witch hat. Let chocolate harden.
- Prepare Puppy Chow - In a large microwave safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Heat in microwave in 30-second bursts until melted and smooth, stir after each 30 second burst.
- Measure cereal into an extra large bowl. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, toss to coat.
- Pour powdered sugar into a gallon sized, resealable bag. Add cereal, close bag and shake. Shake until all cereal is covered. Pour out onto flat surface to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together coated cereal, 1 cup chocolate chips, Indian candy corn, and candy pumpkins.
- Mix witch hats in or sprinkle on top.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.