Yogurt Lemon Pie Popsicle
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- Bring water to a boil in a large, heavy bottomed saucepan. Remove from heat and allow to cool for around 5 minutes. In a separate bowl whisk sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest together, then add mixture slowly to hot water, whisking constantly until incorporated.
- Place mixture over medium heat, continuing to whisk until it comes to a boil and becomes very thick.
- Add about half of the hot mixture to beaten egg yolks and whisk until smooth. Carefully whisk warmed yolks into pot and continue cooking and whisking until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add butter, lemon juice and vanilla, stirring until combined. Allow to chill completely.
- In popsicle molds, layer the graham crackers, yogurt and lemon pie filling, alternating ingredients until mold is full. Freeze until firm.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments