Sweet Green Tea Soap
- 1 cup shea butter melt and pour soap (suspension formula)
- 1 green tea sachet (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Turbinado
- Soap molds (silicon molds release best)
- To ensure that green tea and turbinado are evenly distributed through the bar of soap, be sure to choose as suspension soap base. With a non-suspension base, ingredients will settle to the bottom of the soap.
- Shea butter soaps need to breathe, so leave unwrapped or wrap with breatheable paper. (They can also be stored in brown paper bags.) Prior to use, store in a cool, dry location away from heat and humidity.
- Cut melt-and-pour soap into cubes and place in glass measuring cup.
- Place in microwave on high for 40 seconds. Stir and repeat for 10 second intervals until completely melted.
- Let cool slightly for about one minute.
- Stir in green tea until well-distributed.
- Stir in turbinado. (The larger sugar crystals will not dissolve.)
- Carefully pour soap mixture into molds, filling to top of mold.
- If bubbles appear on top of soap, gently spritz with alcohol to pop them.
- Let soap sit in a stable location for at least 4 hours. To extract soap from molds, gently push on the bottom of the mold until soap is released.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments