Apple Butter Cookies
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter, apple butter, and sugar.
- Mix in sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine cinnamon, flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix until dough forms.
- Place into fridge and chill for 2 hours.
- Using a tablespoon to portion out cookies, roll cookies into a ball and roll each ball in cinnamon sugar.
- Place cookies onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 13 minutes. Move baked cookies to wire rack to cool.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.