Salted Caramel Crunch Cookies
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 3/4 cup + 1/3 cup chewy caramels, cut into 4-5 pieces
- 2/3 cup + 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Flaked sea salt, as desired.
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 380°F. Line an insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift together flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Cream butter until smooth, add both sugars and cream further. Add eggs one at a time, add vanilla, salt and cinnamon and mix until light and creamy.
- Add sifted flour in one step to creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Add toffee bits, 3/4 cup caramel squares and 2/3 cup chopped pecans.
- Scoop dough using a medium ice cream scoop or in a bout 2 heaping tablespoon size amounts.
- Place prepared cookie sheets, leaving about 2-inches for spreading. Press remaining pecan pieces into surface of scooped cookies.
- Bake until light golden brown, about 11-12 minutes.
- Upon removal from oven place remaining precut caramel pieces onto hot cookies. Caramel will slightly melt into surface.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, optional.
- Store airtight for up to 5 days.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Recipe updated 12/2019.