Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- 4 slices thick sliced bread, stale (like Texas toast)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Maple syrup, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F if your air fryer requires pre-heating.
- Slice each bread slice into four sticks. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, add milk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined. In a separate shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Dip each bread stick quickly into egg mixture. Coat bread in egg mixture quickly (do not soak them) and shake off any excess egg mixture. Place in air fryer basket.
- Cook at 350°F for about 8 minutes or until just crispy, flipping half way through cooking.
- Immediately toss French toast sticks in cinnamon sugar and toss to coat. You must do this quickly or cinnamon sugar mixture will not stick.
- Serve fresh with maple syrup, if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Note: Day-old bread that's slightly dried out works best for French toast since it will soak up the most custard.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments