Almond Joy Cookies
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy and light.
- Add egg, vanilla, and coconut extract. Beat again, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add 1 cup of shredded coconut, milk chocolate chips, and sliced almonds. Mix just until combined.
- Use a large cookie scoop to drop large balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown around edges. Sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup of shredded coconut.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.