- 3/4 cup oil such as grapeseed, olive or canola oil
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas, 3-4
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a standard (9 x 5-inch) size loaf pan or use baking spray. Set aside.
- Mix together oil, sugar, mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla using a whisk or spatula.
- Sift together remaining ingredients and stir into above ingredients. Add walnuts and mix.
- Scrape batter into pan and place in oven. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing or cutting.
It is one of those rare cool days here in South Texas..decided to bake this banana bread..it is Amazing..highly recommend this recipe..it is delicious and the whole house smells wonderful ❣️
After jumping through way to many hoops to just leave a comment on this recipe... Hello my name is jvlo. I'm now a member. Lol. I made this banana bread with this recipe and it turned out amazing. My family loved it.
I decided to make banana bread muffins and I can gladly say that those where the best muffins I have ever had. I added frozen blueberries to the recipe which made it even better. It rose good and came out perfectly. I will definitely be using this recipe again