Blueberry Buttermilk Quick Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Zest of 1 lemon or lime, optional
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh citrus juice (lemon or lime)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with butter, line pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. Add half the flour mixture, then whisk in buttermilk. Add remaining flour mixture, then whisk in vegetable oil. Fold in blueberries and optional citrus zest, if desired.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool for 10 minutes in pan. Transfer bread to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of citrus juice until smooth. If too thick, add 1 teaspoon additional liquid at a time until desired consistency.
- Pour on top of bread and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
OMG really love this bread but its really taste like a cake. I love love it easy to make and good with morning coffee.