Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Once the butter is melted continue cooking, swirling the pan constantly until the butter has reached a deep amber color. Remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together browned butter and sugar, mixing until combined.
- Add in egg, yolk, bourbon, baking soda and salt mixing on medium speed until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour until just combined. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips until incorporated.
- Using a medium cookie scoop drop dough onto prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 8-9 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.