Burnt Basque Cheesecake
- Butter to grease mold
- 4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*, sifted
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Line with two 16 X 14-inch sheets of parchment paper, overlapping and making sure they cover 2 inches above top of pan all around. You will need to pleat parchment paper to cover bottom and sides evenly.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth and sugar has dissolved; about 3 minutes.
- Continue mixing and add eggs one at a time. Use a rubber spatula to scrape sides of bowl, incorporating mixture evenly. Reduce speed to low and slowly add cream, salt, and extract.
- Turn mixer off and add sifted flour. Turn mixer back on and mix at medium speed for 30 seconds or until all ingredients have incorporated evenly.
- Pour batter into prepared springform pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown. Cheesecake will be very jiggly and will fall. Let cool completely.
- Open springform pan and carefully peel off parchment paper. Slice and serve.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.