Cinnamon Apple Buckle
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*, sifted
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (21 oz) can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add egg, vanilla extract, milk and vegetable oil, whisking until smooth. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Spread apple pie filling on top of batter in as even of a layer as you can.
- In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Mix topping with your fingers until crumbly. Sprinkle topping evenly over apple layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the center is set and the top is browned. Let rest for 15 minutes then slice into squares and share.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.