Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
- 12 jumbo refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons of vanilla
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half and half
- Butter/cooking spray to grease pan
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 packets of icing that came with cinnamon rolls (about 4 ounces)
- For bread pudding, start by baking jumbo cinnamon rolls according to package directions, adding 5 minutes to baking time. Once baked, remove from oven and let rolls cool.
- Generously butter 2 quart rectangular baking dish or a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Cut or rip cinnamon rolls into large chunks and toss into baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Stir in milk and half and half.
- Pour milk mixture evenly over cinnamon rolls.
- Press down on cinnamon rolls with a spoon or spatula to make sure all pieces soak up custard.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate 2 hours, or up to 8 hours/overnight.
- When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 325°F and bake 1 hour. Edges should be browned and the center slightly jiggly when moved. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Prepare glaze: In a saucepan heat cream and sugar over medium heat, whisking to dissolve sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water to create a paste.
- Once cream is hot (but not boiling), add cornstarch mixture. Heat and whisk for 5-7 minutes as mixture slightly thickens. If there are bits of cornstarch mixture left, strain mixture before moving on.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Stir in icing from cinnamon rolls, whisking until melted.
- Pour sauce over bread pudding just before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments