Cinnamon Spice Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar (for rolling)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (for rolling)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, butter, egg and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg, stirring until completely combined.
- Stir sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Scoop dough into two tablespoon-sized balls and roll into cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet leaving room for spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges of cookies are set and lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly before moving onto a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Kraft @SprinkleSomeSugar.