- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup light olive oil or avocado oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 large avocados, diced
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Enjoy immediately or cover and refrigerate to allow flavors to combine.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- If you plan on making this recipe in advance, wait to add the avocado until ready to serve.
- You can make Cowboy Caviar as spicy or as mild as you want. For a spicier version, choose the spicy diced tomatoes and leave the seeds in the jalapenos.
- If prepped ahead you might notice a lot of liquid forms. You should stir the mixture with liquid and then drain any excess.
- Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.