Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Cookies
- 1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature, cut into chunks
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- To make streusel, stir together flour, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Use a pastry cutter to cut in chunks of butter until mixture forms large crumbs. Store streusel in refrigerator while preparing cookies.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together and set aside. Cream butter, cream cheese, and sugars together until combined then beat in egg and vanilla, scraping down sides and bottom of bowl as necessary.
- In three additions, add flour on low speed, mixing just until combined. Fold in 1/3 cup of streusel and reserve remainder to top cookies. Refrigerate cookie dough for 45 minutes.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to portion dough onto prepared sheets. Flatten dough with bottom of a juice glass that has been dipped in flour. Press a heaping tablespoon of streusel onto each cookie. Bake cookies for 12 minutes or until done.
- Cool on sheet for 2 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.