- 1 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, soft
- 4 pouches (1 cup) Redi-Measure Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon all-spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or coat with butter. Set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add honey, egg, and salt and mix until creamy.
- Sift together all remaining dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture in one step. Mix until just combined.
- For easy handling, refrigerate dough for 30 minutes or longer.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, measure enough dough to form balls 3/4-inch in diameter. Roll into granulated sugar and place on prepared cookie sheets. Press balls to make surface slightly flat.
- Place in oven and bake for about 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are light brown and start to “collapse”.
Note: For a soft cookie, remove from oven after about 8 minutes of baking.