Ginger Crinkle Cookies
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar or Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar, well packed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 360°F. Prepare cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper or butter cookie sheet well. Set aside.
- Mix soft butter and brown sugar together until well mixed.
- Add honey and egg and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add ginger, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and salt.
- Sift together flour and baking soda and add in one step to the above. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop into generous tablespoon amounts and roll into a ball. If dough is too soft, place it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or if desired, overnight.
- Roll dough balls into powdered sugar.
- Place on prepared cookie sheets about 1 inch apart as cookies will spread in oven.
- Place in oven. For soft cookies bake 9 minutes for slightly chewy, firmer cookies bake 11 minutes.