Halloween Marshmallow Brownies
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Black food coloring
- 2 cups marshmallow fluff
- Orange food coloring
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper long enough to hang over on two sides, making it easier to remove from pan once baked. Spray pan and paper.
- In small saucepot over medium heat, or in microwave, melt chocolate and butter until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and vanilla with sugar. Slowly add in chocolate mixture until well combined.
- In small bowl, sift together cocoa and flour. Add mixture to rest of batter, and stir in black food coloring. Do not over mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until brownies are set in center. Remove from oven. Allow to cool completely.
- Drop spoonfuls of one cup of the marshmallow fluff onto the cooled brownies.
- In a small bowl, stir orange food coloring into remaining fluff. Drop again by spoonfuls onto brownies. Use a spoon to slightly mix different colored fluffs together. Do not over combine.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup into lines on fluff. Use a sharp knife to swirl chocolate into colored fluff. Refrigerate until set. Keep chilled.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.