Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat olive oil in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes taking care that the garlic doesn't brown.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, dried basil, and dried oregano.
- Bring to a simmer and turn heat down too low.
- Stirring occasionally, cook for 15-20 minutes until sauce has slightly thickened. Stir in salt.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Kelley Epstein @Mountain Mama Cooks.