- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons milk, to thin (optional)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper or grease and flour well. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar together until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure each is fully incorporated before adding next.
- Mix in lemon juice and lemon zest until combined.
- Add flour, salt, and mix until just blended, and there are no white streaks.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are golden and a tester comes out mostly clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before adding glaze.
- To make glaze, mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice until it is a spreadable consistency. Add milk (1 teaspoon at a time) if necessary, to thin it out.
- Spread over cooled bars. Let glaze set before slicing to serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.