Lemon Cooler Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- For tossing
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered lemonade (such as Kool-Aid®)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, powdered sugar and granulated sugar. Beat in egg, then stir in vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest. Fold in flour mixture until well combined.
- Using 1 heaping tablespoon of dough, roll dough into balls, and place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Slightly flatten each cookie with the bottom of a glass (or your hand) into a disk.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cookies will not be brown, however the centers will be puffy and will no longer look raw.
- While cookies are baking, combine powdered sugar and powdered lemonade in a gallon size ziplock bag. Set aside.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes or until cool enough to touch. Transfer a few at a time and shake to coat in powdered sugar mixture. Serve immediately or store in airtight container for up to three days.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.