Lemon Icebox Cake
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box graham crackers
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lemon slices, to garnish
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup powdered sugar together until smooth using an electric mixer. Beat in lemon juice and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using a whisk attachment, beat heavy cream until soft peaks begin to form. Add remaining powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish with a single layer of graham crackers. Spread 1/2 of filling mixture over crackers. Repeat with another layer of crackers and remaining filling. Top with 1 more layer of crackers.
- Prepare topping by whipping heavy cream, using the whisk attachment of a mixer, until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip until stiff peaks form, but do not over mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with lemon slices and slice into squares to serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash @houseofnasheats.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments