Milk Fudge or Jamoncillo de Leche
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper of spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract in a 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer for 15 minutes stirring frequently with a wooden or silicone spoon.
- Place a teaspoon of fudge in a bowl with cold water to test. Drain water and mold fudge into a ball with your fingers. If you are able to form a ball, fudge is ready for the next step. If not, continue simmering and stirring for a couple of minutes and test again.
- Carefully transfer fudge to bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on medium low for 5 minutes. Fudge will begin to set. Immediately transfer to prepared pan, evenly spreading with spatula. Refrigerate for at least 90 minutes. Slice into 16 squares and enjoy.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.