No Bake Salted Caramel Coconut Macaroons
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 11 ounce bag wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 5-6 cups sweetened shredded coconut (can also use unsweetened)
- 4 ounces chocolate almond bark
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- In a medium-sized heavy-bottomed saucepan melt butter, heavy cream, brown sugar, and caramels over medium heat. Keep stirring until smooth and sugar crystals are dissolved. (Can also use a double boiler to prevent scorching.)
- Remove pot from heat source and stir in coconut until fully combined with caramel. If mixture seems too wet, add a bit more coconut.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of coconut mixture onto parchment paper and allow to cool and set up completely.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate bark. Dip bottoms of each macaroon and place on a sheet of wax paper or silicone baking mat. Drizzle remaining chocolate over tops of cookies. Sprinkle sea salt on top of cookies before chocolate dries.
- Allow to cool completely and for chocolate to fully harden.
- Store airtight at room temperature. Do not refrigerate.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar Sugar by Jessica Kraft @SprinkleSomeSugar.