Orange Marmalade Upside Down Cake
- 3/4 cup (255g) sweet orange marmalade
- 1 1/3 cup (170g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 cup (200g) Imperial Sugar Extra-Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (120g) milk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9-inch square pan with nonstick aluminum foil. Spread orange marmalade on foil. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, sift together flour and baking powder. Add salt, very soft-nearly melted butter, sugar, room-temperature milk, vanilla, and room-temperature egg. Mix well until no lumps remain.
- Spread batter evenly over marmalade. Place in oven and bake until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger, about 43-45 minutes.
- After one minute place a serving dish on top of baking pan and turn upside down.
- Carefully remove foil. If marmalade sticks to foil in one corner, start peeling in another.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on side, if desired.
Easy-to-make orange-flavored cake! I had all the ingredients on hand. The cake came out super moist. Everyone who had a slice loved it!