Peach Cinnamon Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour*
- 1 can (15 oz) sliced peaches, drained
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 10x15-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together melted butter, hot water, sour cream, and sugar.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour and whisk just until batter forms. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- To make filling, mix together brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and flour.
- Drop filling onto the cake batter by tablespoons. Use a knife to swirl.
- Place peach slices in an even layer over batter. Gently press each slice into batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown across the top. Let cool 5-10 minutes before icing.
- For icing, whisk together melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth. Spread icing over warm cake.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashton Swank @keatseats.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments