Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips + more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, chopped + more for garnish
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes until golden specks form in butter it begins to smell nutty.
- Remove browned butter from heat and pour into a heatproof bowl.
- Refrigerate brown butter for 20-30 minutes to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Transfer browned butter to bowl of a stand mixer and add dark brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat for 1 minute on high speed to combine.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat again.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine, scraping sides and bottom of bowl as needed.
- Add chocolate chips and chopped pecans, mixing just until evenly distributed.
- Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop even amounts of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Roll dough into balls between your hands.
- Press additional chocolate chips and pecan pieces into tops of each cookie, if desired.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until edges are just set and centers are still soft. Remove from oven.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.