- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup maple syrup or dark corn syrup
- 1 3/4 cups chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pure Butter Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare or thaw a 9-inch piecrust and place on a cookie tray.
- Beat eggs until frothy and then blend in sugar.
- Stir in syrup, vanilla, salt, and melted butter.
- Arrange pecans on bottom of pie crust and carefully pour mixture over them.
- Place in oven and after 10 minutes reduce the temperature to 325°F and bake until filling is set and is slightly puffed, about 55 minutes.
This is truly a delicious pecan pie. I like to make it in a 10 inch tart pan also. I like the ratio of pie to filling. Also I sometimes add my homemade golden syrup instead of maple.