Pineapple Coconut Quick Bread
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour (or line with parchment paper) a 9-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, cream cheese and sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, vanilla extract and coconut extract, beat until smooth.
- Add in flour mixture and beat until well combined. Fold in can of crushed pineapple and 1 cup of coconut.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle top with remaining coconut. Tent the pan loosely with foil and make sure to allow room for the cake to rise as it bakes. This will keep the coconut from burning.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely, slice and serve.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.