- One Pure Butter Pie Crust (or store-bought pastry shell, defrosted)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin; not pumpkin pie filling
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Optional: Crème Chantilly
- Prepare Pure Butter Pie Crust or defrost store-bought crust.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk eggs until well blended and no strings remain. Add pumpkin puree, sugar, and salt.
- Add spices, milk, and heavy cream.
- Pour in pie shell and place in oven. Pie shells vary, if all filling does not fit pour it in a ramekin.
- Place pie in oven, after 15 minutes reduce oven temperature to 325°F and bake for another 45-50 minutes or until center of pie no longer trembles.
- For leftover pumpkin pie fillings in ramekins, place in oven when the pie has been in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove ramekin when center is set and no longer trembles.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Place in refrigerator. Serve chilled with Crème Chantilly if desired.
This is the best pumpkin pie I have ever had. The heavy cream beats evaporated milk hands down. The pie is very smooth and has just the right amount of seasoning. The taste is so very creamy.