Raspberry Crumble Bars
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup +2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup raspberry jelly or jam
- 1 1/2 cup fresh raspberries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 13 X 9-inch pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
- In electric mixer stir together flour, sugar, and salt.
- With mixer on a low speed add 1 cup of butter, 1 piece at a time. Continue mixing until combined, it takes a couple minutes. It will be consistency of sand.
- Set aside 1 1/4 cups of this mixture.
- Press remaining flour mixture firmly into bottom of pan. Bake for 14 minutes. Edges will be slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, oats, and the reserved flour mixture. With your fingers, work in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, until it is in small clumps.
- Combine jelly, chopped raspberries, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Mash with a fork to combine. Be sure to leave some chunks of berries in there.
- Spread filling evenly over hot crust. Sprinkle streusel topping over strawberries.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. Crust will be brown, and filling will be bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before slicing.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.