- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper or butter well. Set aside.
- Beat butter until very light and creamy. Add sugar and continue mixing until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and salt and beat until very well combined.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar together and add in one step to above. Mix until dough forms. Do not overmix.
- Scoop batter into two tablespoon amounts and make round. Place about 2 inches on prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle with additional sugar if desired.
- Place in oven and bake until very pale and edges are lightly golden, about 9 minutes.
- Move to a wire rack to cool.
- Decorate with frosting or icing as desired. Makes about 36 cookies.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Cook’s Tip: For firmer dough wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments