Vanilla Pound Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 3/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste (or 1 vanilla bean scraped)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar, optional for dusting on top
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan with baking spray or butter and flour it. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in scrapings from vanilla bean (or vanilla bean paste) and vanilla extract until well combined. Beat in flour mixture alternating with buttermilk.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until center is set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely (in bundt pan) before inverting onto cake plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.